Teaching in Country Schools
Catholic Education South Australia is committed to providing a quality education in all Catholic schools regardless of the location.
The Country Teacher Incentives are designed to address the issues of attracting, supporting, developing and retaining teachers in Country Catholic Schools.
The Incentives recognise that attracting and retaining good teachers to certain positions and locations is a concern for some schools. It is also recognises the need for country schools to induct and develop teachers.
Country teaching incentives include:
- reimbursement of removal costs
- an establishment grant
- country teacher scholarships
- remote allowance
- additional non-contact time (0.1 FTE)
- assistance to return to metropolitan area after 4 years
- high priority for the Study Incentive Program
- provision of support through the Beginning Teacher Consultant
- induction and formation for graduate teachers
Click here if you would like to contact us to obtain further information.